Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Carnally minded

Carnally minded

Romans 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
We are debtors
Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
I Corinthians 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
In Bible days, 30 shekels of silver was the price of a slave. The amount equaled 120 Roman denarii (plural). A denarius (singular) was one day's pay for a laborer. So 120 denarii equaled a worker's salary for 120 days or 4 months' pay.

But still, how much is 30 thirty pieces of silver in "dollars and cents"? Well, I checked some websites, including Gospel Mysteries, and here is what I found. If you convert 30 pieces of silver to dollar, it comes to about $950. According to the Professional Coin Grading Service, if you adjust the amount for inflation over the last 2,000 years, it becomes a whopping $250,000. "Such a sum likely would have purchased a small farm. Quite a bribe for the time"
II Corinthians 10:2 But I beseech [you], that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh.

My God Bless your day 


No comments:

Post a Comment