Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Grieve not the Holy Spirit of God

  
To damping the Holy Ghost is an act of disobedient to the Lord.

Ephesians 4:30  And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

I Corinthians 6:19,20 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

John 14:18  I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Ezekiel 36:26,27 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them

And so the Lord Jesus says in John 14:16: 'I will pray the Father, and he will give you another Comforter, that he may be abide with you forever, even the spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
And in like manner we find God saying in Leviticus 26:12: 'I will walk among you and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people.' And again, he says, 'This is my rest, here will I stay, for I have desired it' (Psalm 132:14).
Ephesians 1:13,14  In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
The promise of the Holy Ghost  

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:  
Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Jesus was the first fruit for the world

I Corinthians 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

The world cannot receive him....neither know him.' (John 14:17). How do you feel at the question? What! do you think it foolishness? 'The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them: for they are spiritually discerned'

I Corinthians 2:12-16 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Consider how, in grieving the Holy Spirit, you have lost your peace with God. I have often told you that you cannot live in sin, and retain peace. 'There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked' (Isaiah 57:21). You have a guilty conscience; and a guilty conscience cannot come into his presence. Return sinner!

1.       You will go deeper into sin. 'Without me ye can do nothing' (John 15:5); you cannot resist self - you cannot overcome sin. O holy quenchers of the Spirit! where is this to end you? The Holy Spirit ebbs out of your heart and leaves you like a stranded vessel, dry upon land. Return!
2.       I would say to those who are receiving the refreshing gales of the Spirit, grieve him not; walk softly with this friend. When he draws, run after him. Above all, follow his warnings. When he says, Do not go with this companion, go not with him. When he says, Go not into that path, go not. 'Thou shalt hear a voice behind thee saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.' Happy souls that grieve not the Holy Spirit. Soon he shall fill that soul, and leave nothing in it but himself. Soon we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. Amen.

Pastor Rolando Ramos 

Have a God Blessed day in the Lord 



No comments:

Post a Comment