Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 12, 2013

The choices of maturity

 One way to evaluate spiritual maturity is by looking at the choices we've made  
   
Mature choices versus immature choices
I Corinthians 3:2, 2: I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3: For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Teaching others rather than just being taught
Philippians 3:12-14   Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13: Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14: I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Developing depth of understanding rather than struggling with the basics

Hebrews 5:12-14 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
13: For every one that useth milk is unskillful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14: But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

 Self-evaluation rather then self-criticism
Hebrews 10:32  But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;


Ephesians 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Galatians 3:2 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure. We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

Mathews  10:39-40    And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39: He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
40: He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

I Thessalonians 3:1  Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

Hebrews 3:6  But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Pastor Rolando Ramos 



No comments:

Post a Comment