Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 11, 2014

Jesus: The friend of sinners



It has been said that a dog is man's best friend. It doesn't seem to matter what you do to your dog, he just keeps on loving you just the same. There are times when I am on the busy with everyone in our home, but that little dog of ours will come and remind me that she still cares. If you had a million dollars and a dog, you would have a million so-called friends and a dog. If you lose the million dollars and have nothing left, those million friends would also be gone, but you would still have the dog. He doesn't care about money, titles, position or privilege. All he asks is for the privilege of being near his master. If you speak his name, you make his day. If you pet him on the head, he thinks he is in dog heaven. His love is unselfish and undying. He is as constant in his love as the sun is in its course across heavens. I suppose it is true that among all the animals in God's vast creation, there is no greater friend to mankind than the dog.


I. Jn. 15:12-13 A REAL FRIEND SACRIFICES

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. John 15:12-15


Many think they need a friend with money, or power, or prestige, or influence, or a million other things the world places its hopes on. In truth, the sinner needs a friend who can save him from his sins and keep him out of Hell. Jesus, and Jesus alone, is that Friend! A thousand others could have died, but none other could have paid the sinner's due! Jesus died so that sinners might live in Him! The righteous died for the unrighteous. Jesus proved that He was and is the sinner's best Friend!)

Pro. 18:24 A REAL FRIEND IS STEADFAST

A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. Prov 18:24

A. I suppose there have been times when we have all been betrayed by someone we thought to be our friend. It is never pleasant and the pain never really goes completely away from our hearts. But, what a joy it is to find a friend that doesn't turn and walk away from us when we have hard times, or when we down.

B. Jesus is a steadfast Friend. There will never come a day when He isn't there beside us to keep us, guide us and to comfort us. He is a Friend that sticketh closer than a brother!

A REAL FRIEND FORGIVES

And Jesus said unto him, Friend, wherefore art thou come? Then came they, and laid hands on Jesus, and took him. Matt 26:50

Think on this, that Judas came up to Jesus and pointed out this this was Jesus with a kiss of betrayal, and Jesus still call him friend, Jesus is true love.   




A REAL FRIEND ACCEPTS

The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children. Matt 11:19

And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner. Luke 19:7



One of the all-time greats in baseball was Babe Ruth. His bat had the power of a cannon, and his record of 714 home runs remained until Hank Aaron came along. The Babe was the idol of sports fans, but in time age took its toll, and his popularity began to wane. Finally the Yankees traded him to the Braves. In one of his last games in Cincinnati, Babe Ruth began to falter. He struck out and made several misplays that allowed the Reds to score five runs in one inning. As the Babe walked toward the dugout, chin down and rejected, there rose from the stands an enormous storm of boos and catcalls. Some fans actually shook their fists. Then a wonderful thing happened. A little boy jumped over the railing, and with tears streaming down his cheeks he ran out to the great athlete. Unashamedly, he flung his arms around the Babe's legs and held on tightly. Babe Ruth scooped him up, hugged him, and set him down again. Patting him gently on the head, he took his hand and the two of them walked off the field together such unreserved loyalty is what true friendship is all about. We have such a friend in the person of Jesus Christ. )

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. John 15:15

 

                                                  “My Challenge to you”


 

If you are not a Christian, I invite you to receive the hope and peace in your heart that only Jesus gives.

  To become a Christian, you must deal with Christ Jesus directly. In A quiet moment, bow your head and talk to him. In your own words say something like this:

 “Dear Lord Jesus, I am a sinner. I believe that you died and rose from the dead to save me from my sins. I want to be with you in heaven forever. God, forgive me of all my sins that I have committed against you. I here and now open my heart to you and ask you to come into my heart and life and be my personnel Savior. Amen.”

 If you say that to Christ and mean it, He will come in instantly. At once you will sense you have been transferred from the devil’s dominion to the kingdom of God. Read Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.                                   


My God Bless you

Pastor Rolando Ramos
www.fghconline.com




No comments:

Post a Comment