Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 22, 2015

The faithful Charity

 

To live as a devoted Christian one must destroy the old man. You must possess a Christ like mind, and loving heart without partiality and predigest for anyone. What does the bible say about that? 

1 Corinthians 13:4-13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. 9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 13And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

James 3:7 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Partiality- unfair bias in favor of one thing or person compared with another; favoritism

Romans 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

We, the people, must commit our whole life to reflect the image of a loving merciful God. The bible tell us that in doing this. We are not only saved from eternal death, but bring an example to those that are lost, and blind, to help saved those that lack the faith to enter in into eternal life by the blood of Jesus Christ and the renewing of our minds and, heart.

Romans 12:1-2  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 

Hebrews 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

God is holiness! we represent the Lord Jesus Christ in Holiness. If the Lord is Holy we should be holy as well.

I Peter 1: 15-16 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Cornelius Sends for Peter. The event beginning in Acts chapter 10

Remember the event that happen with Peter when God showed in a vision. The sheet that descended from heaven that had all manner of creeping things, and the Lord told Peter, kill, and eat. But Peter rejected it because what was on the sheet were things that we don't normally eat. The Lord was telling Peter if I send you anything from heaven it is clean and holy.

The Lord was preparing Peter that he was going to meet someone that was not a Jew, but was saved through Jesus Christ, and assigned to deliver the Gospel as Peter was called to do the same to deliver the Gospel.

Yes, Isaiah is God choosing people, but those that do the well of God will be accepted. St John 12:46-47  46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. 47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.    

Acts 10:28  And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.


Pastor Rolando Ramos

 

No comments:

Post a Comment