Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 17, 2014

The Beauty of Holiness



When obedience comes hard, as "heavy burdens and grievous to be borne" (Matthew 23:4), we either don't stop to think of Holiness at all, or else only in a sarcastic reference to the strictness of the Law. This is not love. This is not obedience. This is not Holiness. Love obeys, and does so readily and joyfully. "For this is the love of God, that we keep His Commandments: and His Commandments are not grievous" (1John 5:3). Holiness is beautiful because it is the fruit of your love to Him. Our love union with the LORD is beautiful because it yields our obedience to Him, which yields to Him great joy. "He that hath My Commandments, and keepeth Them, he it is that loveth Me: and he that loveth Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him" (John 14:21). What can you offer God Who has everything? You can choose Him. Be called by His Name. Agree with Him. Please Him. "Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my LORD" (Philippians 3:8). Give Him the love and worship of an obedient heart to His every Word. "Thy Words were found, and I did eat Them; and Thy Word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by Thy Name, O LORD God of hosts" (Jeremiah 15:16).

May God bless your day

www.fghconline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment